Finallllllllly.................


.............. phinised vatching Baarfee. Phew! 

I thought I would never able to get done with it. Boy it took 1.5 weeks gosh! This kiddo never lets me get done with a movie in one sitting. I somehow watched  1 hour 12 minutes of the movie in one sitting. After that it was just unbelievable. I get on with the movie and the kid screams for attention. I even put it up one time when she was too engrossed in her games to even notice her dad! But then I put on the VLC player and shes beside me all huffing and panting. Now I am strictly against babies watching tv - STRICTLY AGAINST. So I would grudgingly turn it off. 

I would get itsy bitsy opportunities but then I just would not be in the mood to watch - somehow :( At one point I was on the verge of giving up. I anyways knew the ending and other details. (Why was I watching it? Maybe just to form my opinion :P ) I digress. So there I was sometime snatching 3 minutes, other times 5 and not able to get to the end. So much so I watched this song close to 4 times. (Not that I mind, I somehow let the song grow over me and started liking it by 3.5th hearing :D ) 


Finally today afternoon Chiyaa slept off and I was able to sneak in the last bits of the movie. And boy did I feel waves of accomplishment gush over. :) It felt good :) 

Impressions of the movie? Well, it could have been tad better paced. Otherwise my overrunning thought was -sab kuch kitna sundar hai! Ileana is too pretty! Boy she was such a pretty sight to behold in the modern 70s getup as well as sarees! Darjeeling was ravishing. I loved the bit where Barfi takes Jhilmil to her old nanny. The sights are so breath taking, I felt like running through those fields then and there (I am not a person who likes greenery much :) ) The shots with the Howrah Bridge were also superb. Priyanka Chopra was the epitome of innocent beauty. Everything was beautiful. As the saying goes - a thing of beauty is a joy forever :) 

Comments

I liked the feeling the movie left me with and the smile it brings to my face when I remember some of my favorite scenes :)
Renu said…
one difference between us:).I like greenery a lot..
Shallu Goyal said…
I just loveee this song...i love the simplicity n innocence it portrays..:))
Reflections said…
I havent seen the movie yet but is on my must watch list along with SOTY;-D.
Jack said…
Amrita,

I am yet to see this movie. I agree with you that we should not let children become TV addicts.

Take care

Popular posts from this blog

Lemme try this

Whoopie weekend morose monday

Laut ke budhu ghar ko aaye