- Where morning is somewhere between 0700-0900, unencumbered and uninhibited
- Where ginger tea, biscuits and newspaper are a morning tradition as are afternoon siestas
- Where the local dhaba's chicken biriyani makes a fabulous combination with mummy's fish curry
- Where malai chap, chena poda, kulfi and kalakand reside in the fridge always for a quick snack, dessert or just like that
- Where taking bath using the bucket and mud and splashing water everywhere in the bathroom is every child's dream come true
- Where mausi's evening massage is divine
- Where bhata(rice),dali (lentils), aloo bharta (mashed potatoes) and amba khata(mango chutney) are so satisfying and fulfilling that one could eat them morning, noon and night and still ask for more
- Where the huge balcony the bedroom opens into gives the feeling of sleeping in close proximity to nature
- Where the cuckoos create a racket in the morning which can wake you up
- Where one gets the rest and relaxation no Thai massage or expensive getaway could ever give
- Where the heart truly resides
Monday, June 20, 2016
I have always found it weird having to interact with people I know personally in an official setting. But I have had innumerable such scen...
What a start to the year it has been! And this better not be the trend. Pumpki had a bad case of cold and fever around mid December. Her a...
The year ends today. What a year it has been! The same time last year I was having the jitters about going back to work after a years mate...
Leeds has not been treating us well. Chiyaa started her first day in school with amazing promise. When I picked her up, she said ‘I had a ...