Saturday, February 2, 2019

What do you say about such a day


Yesterday was a maha weird day. Like something from the start was going wrong. Let me tell you all about it.

First, Pumpki woke up early. She is generally asleep by the time I start from home. She moans for me, but she is all right. Yesterday she woke up, so she was very angry and frustrated seeing me getting ready. She started bawling “I don’t want mummy to go to office”. K and I were fearing the worse, but somehow she pacified after some time. She was in the dining room and I sneaked out.

Since I was sneaking out I was nervous with all sorts of butterflies in my stomach. In the rush, I dropped my phone on the hard cement steps. Instinctively I checked if K was watching (chances were slim, but you never know! ) . Cos he would have given me an earful and gone on scolding my carelessness! Thank God, he hadnt seen me. Also thank God I have a sturdy phone cover. Else I would have been majorly sad.

At work I was borderline (that’s when I wrote the last post). But then a team mate found a bug in my code. Its good that a bug is found sooner rather than later, but I was a bit jostled by the stupidity of what I had done. I had been plain careless. Carelessness doesn’t cost lives in IT but again, you never know!

Then – another hadsa! So on Thursday an email is sent out to the office to order breakfasts for the next day, since we get company paid breaker on every alternate Friday. Its not mandatory J but you can if you are interested. I sign up for it, since – no reason, I am not for the free food or for the company of my colleagues – I dunno why, I did it once and have done ever since. Now everyone was going for paninis. And I thought it must be good. So I too went for one. But which one would I chose. I eat anything, but lately reading about how much adverse environmental impact consumption of higher order animals has, I have started to refrain from bacon and ham. So … I chose a chicken panini. The person who was coordinating (the person is like a cool kid with piercings and tattoos and I am sure in the person’s head I am old and uncool) replied that there was a breakfast option further down in the menu. I could chose the panini if I wanted to .. but chicken sounded a bit un-breakfasty. Well… whats the perhez from chicken in the morning, it’s a dead bird no matter what time of the day you consume it :D Anyways I was very embarassed. I felt the person must be thinking of me as even older and even uncooler :’( :’(
PS. All was ok today and when we consumed our breakfast (I revised my order to scrambled eggs ( dead unborn birds – eww that’s worse)). (Wow the brackets look as if writing programming language :D ) But in my head, the person must be thinking of me as uncool person no 1. In her head. Not that I am bothered J What I am I am J

Then one more thing happened. I went to the bus stop. There are 2 services that can bring me home – bus no 51 and bus no 52, which are at a frequency of 10 minutes theoretically. I generally catch the 1611 51 bus service. I reached the bus stop and there was nothing in sight. Then a 52 came. I got in, and it packed up very quickly. Suddenly the driver said, “There is a 51 behind”. I was comfortably seated. I had no reason to go just cos the driver gave some information which meant nothing to me. But I did! Cos I did a lot of calc. The 51 must be the delayed 1611 service. This 52 must be the 1621 service. This will start later (it was 1614 then) since buses will start only their departure times from a designated bus stop. They can start late but not early. So I got down and walked like a stupidly proud person to the 51. 52 stood in front of me, I sat in the 51 behind praying my bus starts first. What do you think happened. Yes – the bus in which I was not sitting went first. The bus in which I was sitting, started not some time later but a good 10 minutes later!!! I don’t know who was it waiting for , since I was already inside! I felt so supremely moronic and made a note to self “don’t go around changing buses!"

Anyways reached home late, there were some cascade impacts on the kids. But glad the day wZ done without further incidents!



1 comment:

Ashma said...

You say 'Thank God its over' to such days!! :-)