Monday, December 24, 2012

It is not all gloom and doom?


'Yea does nt sound like me right? The so called eternal optimist bites the dust? Somehow things seem to be such a drag.

K keeps working forever. I see him in the morning and thats it. I have no clue many a times when he turns up. I am all right with it, since I know he is a bit passionate about what he is doing. But there are moments when I wish he was around a bit more. Sissy continues to have '


Well that is what I had written last Thursday . I had even titled the post 'is it all gloom and doom'. But Friday was the birthday of roomie dear so I thought I would post it on Saturday. Thankfully I got a bit busy in other stuff and rather than a morose post we have a tending towards up beat one.

Saturday we finally ventured for our first movie after the birth of Chiyaa. Life of Pi. We were all prepared - ready to hit the doors the moment lil cutsie shows any signs of crankiness . We opted for the seats close to the pathway so that we could bolt ASAP . Chiyaa started off by munching on some soft bits of the popcorn. It was followed by a couple of biscuits . What ensued was a period of restlessness . I tried rocking her and within a span of 20 mins she was asleep. Bless her ! The best moments of the movie were yet to come.

The movie was such a visual delight. Some of the scenes were surreal. The emotions were so palpable. Richard Parker was so adorable!!! The movie has done full justice to the book. In fact I feel like reading the book again.

Sunday we had plans to go for lunch to a local Gujarati hotel. We are zeroing in on places to host Chiyaa's birthday party so we are trying out different venues . Food was mediocre but best was sitting with Chiyaa and enjoying a meal and watching her enjoy the outing :)

Yes there are things in the offing which seem uncertain . People I love are in dilemma . It pains to see some real close folks in doldrums. But then hey ! It's Christmas time. May it be filled with happiness and good cheer for one and all!!



Merry Christmas!!







4 comments:

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

Ho Ho Ho!!! Merry Christmas to you :D

my mom tells me I used to love watching movies so much, that in a hall I would shut up and become engrossed with the big screen , he he ..
it was only after my brother came along did she realise that all kids are not hall-friendly :P


Bhagwan kare ki Claus ji aapke sare dukh , gloom,shloom and doom har le :D :D Ho Ho Hooo!!!

Ruchira Khanna said...

Beautiful pix, Amrita.

Celebrating your kid's b'day is always a dilemma cause parents think of food. But in the end, the kid just enjoys the decor thus, making all the planning and stress go in vain :)

Merry Christmas!

Renu said...

quite a feat to be able to watch a movie with a kid:).
Merry Christmas!

Jack said...

Amrita,

You must thank Chiyya for being so co-operative for letting you watch movie.

Take care