Unveiling me :)
Tagged by Shalom :) A welcome break because I was not able to think of anything to write.
Here go the rules -
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged.
1. I love chai biscuit. Love as in really love - I can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There was a time when I was in Kolkatta and ginger tea and 6 milk bikis used to be my breakfast. K used to scold me to no end for the habit and I did look as if I was terminally ill :)
2. My mom is the air that I breathe. She is always right, always. I marvel at her instincts. Being the Cancerian, she can literally sniff people. There have been folks, she has passed judgments about and I being the independent me, have struck to my opinions just to be proven wrong after a long time. For a certain some one it took me a decade to realize, why my mom used to think the way she used to about her!
3. I am conscious of my smile because I feel I have weird teeth :S
4. I am shaped like a pear :(
5. I hate stuffed toys. I just dont know why would someone want to buy those fluffy things and keep them in their drawing rooms! They mar the aesthetic sense of the room and also cause sneezing for a person allergic to dust like me :( The only places where stuff toys look nice are in Archies showrooms and kids playhouses.
6. My bed is sparkling clean - always. Even the ends of the covers are neatly tucked, no stray towels/clothes on it.
7. I always sleep with a book, amrutanjan, cell phone and a handkerchief near me.
Book - cos mostly I read myself to sleep ,
Amrutanjan - the only thing that can stop a sudden nonsensical bout of sneezing
Cell phone - that marvel of man has the alarm
Hanky - again to ward off the sneeze
8. I am a properrrrr Ganesh bhakt. There is no other God I pray to.
9. On the same line - I am spiritual but irreligious. I don't like going to temples, don't like making offerings, don't like keeping mannats etc. It mostly so happens, that I go to a temple and feel a vibe there, which keeps me transfixed. I have tears flowing and I feel the deity's power too strongly. Its then that I pray to the deity. But as such, if any one asks/wants me to go to a temple, I do so very grudgingly :|
10. I adore my sister. Shes like my baby. I pamper her to no ends and I love her immensely too. Mom says there was never an iota of sibling rivalry between the two of us. Just that when she was a toddler, I used to ask for whatever she had in her hands - if it was a pen I would want that, if it was piece of paper I would want the same piece. So my parents used to feign they have got the thing from her, while giving me an altogether new object. Hmpf!
11. I have a love hate relationship with my hair. My hair is curly/wavy and its a tad rough in texture. I so wish I had long straight soft silky dense hair like they show in commercials. I wish I could style my hair as I wished and try the bla bla cuts becoming fads every once in a while. But then I have never ever dared to do anything otherwise to my hair - no coloring, no straightening,no highlighting - no funny business. Cos maybe I like my hair as it is - especially after its been well oiled and shampooed :)
12. I am better off listening in any conversation. I am not a person who likes talking a lot except for with close friends and family. Sometimes I am my chatty self with people, but thats just to not scare them (Booo!) . Once I was at home and minding my own business when my sister in law told me," You should keep making some noise so that we know you are still in the house"
13. I hate guys who speed to show off. I so wish their manliness was taken by a big bad bunch of homosexual rapists. ( Excuse the language, but that is how much I hate them) My house being close to the beach, I see a good bunch of such freaks of nature who speed down the roads as if their dad himself melted the coal tar thats been laid on the road. Once a guy sped so fast, that he rammed into the divider on the road. Imagine what might have happened if another vehicle/pedestrian was coming from the other side.
14. I love reading the newspaper. If any one interrupts me reading the newspaper is bound to find the reticent, recalcitrant best of me. So if I am reading the newspaper - let me be.
15. I love readinggggg (this was easy :) ) Yes I love reading since I was 6 years old I think. My mom, my dad and my moms bro introduced me to the world of books (Seemed like an Oscar winning sentence - Arre not a sentence to win the Oscar, but the ones said after winning the Oscar. :) I thank my brother's sister, my neighbor's garden hose, my car's engine - that sorta sentence :) )
My mom was party to it inadvertently when she used to make us read newspaper headlines when I used to crib " Boreddddd" Later she had to struggle to keep me off novels when I used to hide them in text books and read. Dad ended up enrolling me at Max Mueller Bhawan which housed the biggest library (at Rourkela where I was initially) because he could find no other way to keep me constructively engaged during summer hols) My mom s bro was also in the same town - and he used to be my escort to the lib. He had a huge collection of comics, which fueled my interest for reading even more.
16. I am frank to the extent of being rude. My friend Ashu says "This is my takiya kalam :)"But yes thats a fact - if you expect an opinion from me, be sure you will get your moneys worth :D I call a spade a spade (what else can I call it? :S )
ps. Lately I found a person on my friends list in Orkut having the same words for "about me" ! And she is anything but frank. What has the world come to? :S
17. I am very cool. (Oh boy! this sounds sooooooooo banal rotfl) Half of the world today uses this world to describe itself. But for the lack of anything better - I had to use this much used word. Jokes apart - I am seriously a very cool person ( Seriously and cool in the same sentence - how Oxymoronic ( This reminds me of the movie Oscar in which Sly Stallone says "An ox with a moron is an oxymoron :D ) )
I am rather unfazed under fire. It has to be something earth shattering like I lost my cell phone or something ridiculously silly like my cell phones battery died at 1300 hours - that I would loose my cool. ( From the above sentence one can make out that I am rather attached to my cell phone. Would this count as point 18 Shalom? ) Ashu says we both are so cool that "Isse jyaada cool hote to cold ho jaate" (A classic Ashu PJ :P )
18. I am from the eastern part of India and I am married to a person from a quintessential Tamil family. How did this happen? - fate.
19. I like writing. Not only as in blogs etc, generally also I like writing - I write when I study something, I write to dos, I write expenses, I love writing.
20. Kolkatta is a place where I stayed the longest in my professional career and hated every bit of it. Hyderabad is the place where I stayed the shortest and loved every piece.
21. I am more into macho men. Give me those bulging biceps and 6 packs and please hide those clean shaven gore gore chiknas. :D
22. I have been a pretty sickly kid. I have chronic gastritis( which mandates I keep eating something every 4 hours or so else my stomach wrecks havoc) and sinusitis.
Apart from these two, I have always had some or other health related problem. When I was 4 years old, I was badly bitten by a dog and lost my health. When I was in std 8, I was taken seriously ill with malaria - and I had both the strains of virus - falcifarum and vivax. I was so ill that I was admitted to the Critical Care Unit and was on intravenous quinine for 10 days!
Apart from these, I am done with chicken pox and measles.
23. I am veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy impatient. In Hindi there is a usage, sabr ka baand tootna meaning, the dam of patience giving way. But I never had any dam. I just have a small katori of patience :(
24. I believe I am good at multi tasking. I can roll chapattis and have tea, chat and work, blog and talk over the phone, watch tv and chop vegetables, and multi task a plethora of other activities. The only 2 things I dont multi task are - read and listen and use the cell phone while crossing the road.
25. I am a perfume person. I love splashing myself with fragrances. In fact I have layers of them - the frangrant body wash, followed by the fragrant lotion, followed by the fragrant deo then the fragrant perfume - Howzzat? One class mate had written in my slam book during graduation - you smell like Egyptian mummies :S
Fact 26 - I wrote this post at a go. And had one hellova fun writing this. Made me think so much about myself, remembering some facts, mulling over whether to put something or not and thinking hard to put it all down. And I have written the whole of it in my rambling self. :) When I started it seemed unsurmountable, but then at the end of it I go on till 30 :D
Thanks for tagging again Shalom and I love doing tags ( fact 27?? :-? )
Now the people who have to get on their thinking caps *evil*
Shylu, Satish, Raaji,Piper,Ashma and Amrita