Monday, November 28, 2022

Stupid Distances

 Last Saturday my sister went to India for the winter holidays. She was with me for a little over a year. It is funny how time flies. Reminds me of a quote "The days are long years are short". It seems like a blink of an eye that she came here. There was the initial adjustment. Then she got used to stuff. And then she started pitching in to some house tasks being a life saver. Especially cooking the lunch on a Saturday (Saturday mornings are madness because of the girls' swimming. There is utter chaos getting both of them out for their lessons. Then its an even tiring routine of getting them showered and drying their long hair) She used to take the very important task of getting hot meals ready on a Saturday morning. So much so that when last Saturday when the girls came back, the first thing they said was "We are so used to having her at home :) "

She used to play with the girls especially Pumpki who loved bullying her and playing with her in equal measure :D It is seamless how someone new comes over and then becomes an integral part of things. She has been here through two Diwalis. She has been here when I used to goto work in my last place for the 2 days. She has been here when I was preparing for a new role and was isolating myself to prepare. She has been here when I got the new role and had the first months of realignment. She has been here on family holidays. She has had fights with me! Like all siblings, we too have our fare share of fights :) But like most siblings, we patch up quite quickly too :) 

I miss the emptiness that she has left. I miss sitting beside her and working. I miss sharing memes with her and chuckling. I miss her cups of tea. There is some solace, she will be back in 6 weeks and she is with our parents who miss her too! The distances are just so stupid :( 

1 comment:

Shallu Goyal said...

We are exactly in the same boat. She too is in India with maa paa 🥰 although i miss her but i miss “her being with our parents more” so m happy that they all are getting this time together 🥰❤️