Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday Release

I am lucky to have my mom or amma being with us intermittently. In the absence of any other family or much close friends that is the best we can have. Amma was to travel yesterday after her 6 month stint in the UK. When someone has to travel I feel jittery. To allay my jitters I take the day off ( convenient ;) I know). I asked K to also book the day just in case. We could have some much needed 'us' time.  Ironically  in the 6 months that amma was here, we never ventured even for a movie. Though  we have had the occasional grocery run :) . So we decided to take the day off - to get used to the routine with out amma as well. Amma helps quite a lot in the kitchen. She is also an additional pair of hands once the kids are back cranky and tired from day care and school. 6 months of that needs a day of unlearning.

Our original plan was to have a nice, quiet lunch at some place where the menu would take ages to be served.  You get the drift 'fine dining'. But then we got pragmatic. What is point of engaging in an exercise which will make our pockets lighter and bodies heavier. Why not catch a movie..better still catch two movies ( I know very uninspired). When I was staying at Hyderabad and K had come to say bye before his on site trip, we had watched 3 movies back to back! Why not relive those days. We also had two movies to our liking - avengers and deadpool 2! 

After amma started and the kids were dropped, we decided to get off asap. As we were about to step out - boom! No, not thunderstorms. The back door won't lock!!! It was like the stars were aligned for us NOT to have a good time. K was the picture of despair - as if India lost world cup by 2 runs, like he opened his lunch expecting paneer and ended up getting poha( yeah he hates poha - I can't imagine how! I love poha), like he was about to finish work and his boss gave a severity 1 issue. 

We Googled. Emergency locksmiths ( gosh the things you can Google! So so,useful ;). One would come within 30-60 mins. Will do. We waited hoping it would be 30 rather than 60. He turned up in 36 minutes!! The job was done in another 30( seems like the door 's hinges had worn out and the door wasn't aligned straight. So much for technical details. The man did have a passion for locks and keys - explained us three types while we kept eyeing the clock). We paid the price and noticed we were 10 minutes away from the show. 

We decided to dart for it. We scooted. We made it! Deadpool was ok( K loved it!) Huh! Avengers was mind blowing! Funny, intelligent, deep!!! A movie that made my day. Sadly we did not have time to engaged in fan tradition of waiting for  clip after the end credits since we were getting dangerously close to pick ups. 

Kids picked up and reality hit in :D

1 comment:

Shallu Goyal said...

Morning Dose done for me!!! Getting. new post from u is like the story book which our newspaper wala would deliver every month and for which I used to wait every single day during my childhood days..:)))
But I feel it ended soon..:))
reading ur blogs feels as if I am talking to u in person...though we generally don't even talk over phone much..:)
These days u know wat...I open ur old posts under various labels and read them..:)) hehe its funnnn...I read them from 2007 times and relive old days..:)