Friday, May 25, 2018

Hmmm interesting

There are some things in this world that only I can do. Listen ( or read) this incident to believe.
 
Yesterday I decided to make egg curry. With a lot of love. Special egg curry( what's special? Nothing much, read somewhere add cashew nuts  to the the tomato puree). Now I put the tomatoes in the grinder jar, along with ginger, garlic, coriander seeds and yes the magic ingredient - cashew nuts! Gave it a whirr. A loud clanging sound came out of if. Rather than stopping ( which any sensible person would have done) I assumed there must be piece of ice in the tomato( sometimes the tomatoes freeze if they are in contact with the back of the fridge). I kept grinding. The clanging noise continued. I was not one to give up. I thought hmmm extra hard ice eh? I kept blending. But when the clanging still continued I thought, that much blending would have melted the ice berg that Titanic got hit by. Now was a good time to see what the matter might be.

I opened the lid and saw a spare blade of the blender being the culprit. The plastic bits of the blade had started coming up. I think if I would have tried 2-3 hours, the blade itself would have disintegrated. 

The incident reminded me of something similar during my school days. One day I felt something knobbly in my shoe. Now rather than looking into  it, like any sensible person would, I continued. Again I assumed it would be a small stone. Whole  day long, I kept turning my foot this and that to let the 'stone' be near my heel or,my fingers. I came home and opened my shoe and saw...........................





A frog!!
Long dead, definitely looking like a stone now! ( The place where we lived had all sorts of fauna)

Well...history repeats they say ;) 

Yesterday evening after K finished his dinner ( he ate before me), he said ' I think there is glass or something in the curry '. I said ' don't worry, it's only plastic, you won't get hurt :P)

And we survived after eating curry mildly laced with plastic :D

1 comment:

Renu said...

Really..we are so alike:) earlier i used to do the same thing.and broke many things,but now I have learned the lesson.