Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A random day off


K and I took last Monday off for admin purposes J. We had some work at the Indian Consulate in a nearby town.

Since it was our day off, we snoozed the alarm. Then woke up with an alarm at 0730! There was exactly 1 hour to hit the road. Two of us split and divided and conquered the morning chores. Chiyaa was quite happy to see mummy hang around. She was also very excited that I was going to drop her. Pumpki on the other hand was the proper drama queen. She knew something was afoot and made a long mopey face and made everything very very hard to do. But, being the assertive parents that we are, we got them packed off to their respective destinations. After that our destination was the consulate. Our job got done quicker than we expected. Score! So we decided to have some breakfast and shop for rugs. We are oh! so getting old! We did not get the rug of choice, but I did manage to find a plant which I bought immediately - much to K's chagrin of course! 

Once back home, we decided to go for a run. Lately us middle aged couple have taken on running. It started with I dragging Chiyaa along. But she is a very reluctant runner. But I wanted to, and I pulled K. When Amma was around, it was our “us” time. Just running quietly J So we went for a massive 8km run while was very tiring but amazing fun. I miss my days with roomie dear and Ashu when I used to go for walks with them. Again just quiet time, when we felt at peace! Some day girls, we will do it again!

Once back from the run, it was time for quick meal prep. We had decided to pick the kids sooner. So no after school club for Chiyaa and early pick for Pumpki. The kids had so much more energy once home which made them so less cranky! But by 1930, they had run out of ideas to engage. They had read their books, had their supper. Chiyaa had done a bit of schoolwork and there was still time for bed. Anyways we decided to have an early night in.

It was the perfect busily relaxing day I could ask for J And today the mayhem of the buses began!!!


No comments: