Saturday, December 28, 2019

Figured it out!

I do not promote myths, I do not burst bubbles either. So if anyone asks me 'Is Santa real' I will say 'Hmm... I don't think so.. But I am not sure ' ;) You get the flow? And by anyone her I mean my kids of course :) Since I am not one to promote myths I never take my kids to ' Santa's grottos' or the like. *rolls eyes* Also I am very miserly when it comes to spending money in such places. I rather eat something for the same buck.

Luckily for me my kids never posed the question. Chiyaa never bothered much with Santa in her nursery years. In her last year at nursery in fact she was scared of him! When there was a Santa event in school, I think in year 2, she came home and said 'Mr Reed is Santa!' I applauded her for figuring it out :D 

One time Chiyaa mentioned to Pumpki that there was no Santa and mummy buys the gifts. I am not sure whether Pumpki registered that comment. But when Santa came visiting to her nursery she was perplexed. She asked me' Is it Christmas today?' I had to confess that it wasn't. Then she went ballistic ' THEN WHY DID HE COME TODAY AND WHY DID HE GET ME THE WRONG GIFT OF A BOOK WHEN I WANTED A JUNGLE?' I mildly said that 'He comes to nursery early maybe, and let's hope he doesn't mess up your gift on real Christmas day '. She was pacified by it, but I think in her heart Santa lost his charm :D 

But I must give kudos to her clever deduction!On her birthday what better way to pay tribute to her than by writing about her logical mind. 

No comments: