Tuesday, December 10, 2019

My Man III


This one has a back story. So there is an Indian lady who I am pals with. Her daughter is pals with Chiyaa. The lady is quite the gregarious kinds, who organizes get togethers and days out and what not – mostly with fellow Indian ladies or families. She is kind enough to always inform me and ask me if I would be game to join in. Being my typical unsocial self mostly responds with a no J

So she set up a movie night to watch the Frozen 2 movie. I was ambivalent. I am not into movies and especially not into the Frozen franchise. Also I did not want to spend one evening with people, forcing myself to socialize! I just told K of the event. Then he said he was happy to go for the movie with Chiyaa. We both knew that it would be moms centric gathering with a few fathers joining in. Keeping kids entertained is mostly mom’s job. But K said, he would accompany Chiyaa to the movie. I was amazed. I said he was being so “progressive”. To which his response was “She will have her friend for company. She likes Frozen and can watch the movie. I do not see what is progressive in this.” But I tell you, it is progressive. Most people would not have been able to think of it beyond a moms only gathering. That is all to be honest I saw in it. And I felt it would be odd if K went there as the only dad with a child. I know in this day and age, there is nothing wrong, but some norms are hard to break.

K may fight that progressive is too big a term and he was essentially doing whatever he was doing with least bit of premeditation. But I know him better. The girls are lucky to have a rocking dad like him! The world needs lots more Ks.



No comments: