Monday, January 4, 2021

First post of the decade !

 This is becoming a routine too. The holiday blues at the end of the festive break in December. The holidays this year have been unique in a lot of respect. Since we were in the midst of a new strain of the virus, there were requests not to mingle a lot. So it was again a period of family time. We are  lucky to be surrounded by a lot of green and open spaces where we took many walks. We also went to a lot of parks and open areas. The walks were great and for one walk Chiyaa even said she loved it! 

Somehow I did not cook as much. And somehow weirdly I did not read as much or read to the kids as much as I would have liked. I managed to refurb a couple of stools which gave a good sense of achievement to me. 

Last year my parents where with me during the time so the impact of getting back to work was somehow shielded. This year I felt a bit too ill equipped. I was dreading the whole rigmarole of waking up to alarm, getting kids ready and the whole nine yards.

But then God is always planning a surprise isnt He? Yesterday afternoon we received a letter from school informing us that the teachers are exercising their rights to not attend an unsafe work environment since they are very concerned about the spread of the virus following the festive season. Hence the school is closed for all students except those identified. This brought up a new challenge for me. The engagement of the girls at home, their lunch, their physical activity - now everything will fall on us after the brief respite of 4 months. This was totally unexpected and will be a very different world with two school going kids this time. My year just got a bit more interesting. :D

1 comment:

Renu said...

Different times totally.. don’t know when or if ever we can go back to normal life again. I have become a loner now, don’t enjoy mingling much.