Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Its morning already!


 15th December 1500 hours was when I logged off last year. It was a fabulous time to log off. I had 2 days to myself before the school holidays kicked in. It was spent fabulously on myself. 

Once the holidays began, the tasks with kids began. Keeping them engaged and entertained. Taking them on walks. My sis, the kids and I took a long walk to a nearby shopping mall and had a blast of a day. K was on holiday on Christmas eve and we made a trip to see some stalactites and stalagmites. It was a wonderful day out with amazing food. I used to spend the nights with my nose deep in a thriller. Till K gave me a nerve chilling whack commenting that if I paid as much attention to the new technology I was going to start working on from next year as I was paying on the novel, I would reach great heights. It was probably a comment made in jest, but it reminded me of my school days when Papa had made a similar comment on some subject I wasn't paying attention to. I am not sure if I made any improvements in the subject, but I remember being hurt and being a bit more diligent. K was right. I was about to start working on a tech stack I had no idea about. It would be a good idea to spend some time at least in brushing up some fundamentals. And that night I started. It was not a good feeling to open the laptop and do technical reading, but the course was easy to navigate through. It also gave me a sense of accomplishment. I had to chug on. :)

Christmas was a blast! We had gifted the girls a Lego each. They started working at 9 in the morning and till 2130 they were up making their intricate structures! It was amazing to see them so hard at work and also so patient to get going. Chiyaa is the patient one and persists on a task easily. She also likes following instructions. So she was in her elements dealing with the construction. Pumpki was an eye-opener.She did spent a lot of time handling a lot of intricate details herself. It was just amazing. When they went to bed, they were quite upset that they had spent the entire time just building and not playing :) And the next day they were being dragged to a sea life centre :D

The trip to the sea life centre the next day was fabulous. I drove and it was brilliant to drive at nearly 75-78kmph on the near empty roads. The trip was fantastic especially for Chiyaa who soaked everything in. The girls got some time to play in the evening while I retired to some more studying. Another trip awaited us the next day. Till we had 3 days of relative quite while we prepped for the New Year.

On New Year's eve we had a few family friends over. And the weekend was quite sedate with some walks. I had the desire to plan a trip, but then the course work also tied me down. Eventually I was able to complete the course on Monday which was a holiday which made me give out a big Whoop! Whoop! :) Last night was spent ironing clothes, getting the bags in order and frenzied cooking to prep for the coming week. I had proper frayed nerves and even ended up shouting at the kids for no good reasons. But then a walk with Chiyaa while listening to music sorted it out. 

We all had trouble getting to sleep at "normal" times and think I was up past midnight reading a book :| The alarm going off at 0530 this  morning the worst sound I have heard in 2 weeks

No comments: