Thursday, March 11, 2021

Back to School - again

 The kids are back in school. This time as the PM claims, it is a one way street. So hopefully there will be no lockdown 3.0. 

Chiyaa and Pumpki were eagerly waiting for school to start. Such is the irony of schooling system in the UK where the kids actually look forward to going back! They were counting days to when school would start. Sunday they went to bed all enthusiastic about the next day. We were all set for school from ironed uniforms and book bags perspective since we expected schools to start as normal from January itself. 

But the next day did need a bit more preparation from our side. Since K has changed jobs, his new company needs him to be a bit more around calls and meetings since he is still coming to grips with the systems. This meant drop offs at school by him and pick ups by me. Pick ups by me  meant I had to wrap work pronto at 1500. Earlier I could sit through till 1600 ish depending on the flow of work. This meant the only way of getting a load of work done was to start work a bit earlier. This made my work start time around 6 in the morning. It is a big struggle waking up, but, there is no other option.

The kids got ready for school without a fuss. Pumpki seems to have matured over the months and there was absolutely no cribbing from her. While getting dressed she did mention to her sister "I will M.I.S.S.Y.O.U" Aww my heart just went out for the little one. They had had a lot of fun playing and watching television with each other. We  reassured her, that she would have much more fun with her friends. She will get to play outside a lot more. She was a bit teary eyed when she started for school, but eventually by the time she went into her classroom she was fine.

They both had a good day at school, while K and I missed them terribly. The house was quieter, cleaner and emptier. Their toys were still strewn all over the living room floor, but it was weird getting used to the lack of the two mischief makers. We were somehow going through the  motions of our working day. 

I had set up event in my calendar to notify me of the different classes  of Pumpki (I was in charge of Pumpki's classes) Last Friday I took special joy in deleting the recurring events. But then on Monday when I had one event pop up I nearly had tears in my eyes. 


Its been 4 days since the kids are back at school. It is again a new routine. Getting used to work during the time they are away and being 100% with them once they are back. It is different, but I must confess, though difficult, I thoroughly enjoyed having them around the past year. 


1 comment:

Renu said...

Good to know that at least somewhere life is coming back to normal.I m missing that hustle bustle of life