Sunday, April 9, 2023

Step 1: the onwards journey

When we travelled the first time from UK to India, it was with a 5 month old Chiyaa. She was a naughty raucous baby who had to be transferred from the baby bassinet to our arms intermittently. I had a few moments of calm when she slept off and I could enjoy my meal in peace. As I sat waiting for her next demand, I saw two ladies who were watching movies with subtitles on. I was reading the text and watching them sip their gin and tonic and having a 'pleasant' journey. I thought what a fry cry from my dishevelled state was their journey.


It does not take long for time to turn around. This time when I was travelling to India, I had a 7 year old and 11 year old in tow. I had some worries, but I was amazed by how smooth it was (touchwood) The formalities at the airport were done smoothly. I had come well prepared with food for them. So we took the time to recharge ourselves. Once we boarded the girls just busied themselves on games provided in the flight console. They needed the slightest bit of nudge to take a nap or to have their food. I managed to watch 1.5 movie in the flight and was pretty much like the ladies 7 years ago.

The flight was surprisingly ahead of schedule. And we managed  to get out quite quickly. And what greeted us was beautiful India! 

No comments: