Friday, April 21, 2023

Step 4: reset and restart

 Bengaluru was a new destination within the span of 2 days. We were putting up at my sister in law's place. The girls loved exploring their new set up. Since my sis in law has a teenage daughter, her home was filled with things that my kids loved - books, art equipments, board games. They had too many choices to begin with. They went away and busied themselves while K and Amma managed a nap and I chatted with my sis in law. It was very nice to see everyone drift off and be comfortable. Once my niece was back from school, it was time for the cousins to have some fun.The girls were meeting up after a long time and they do not have a lot in common. But it was endearing to see them bond over food, school, TV shows and complaints about their moms! 

In the evening my sis-in-law and my niece sat down to watch the IPL match. I have never watched a single IPL match in my life. But their enthusiasm was contagious for sure. K and I and to some extent the kids got down to watching the match. We have truly been bitten by the bug, so much so, we continue to follow the matches back here in the UK :)

The weekend was to be a roller coaster. We started off in the morning to meet my two besties, Ashu and Sam. Ashu had made the effort to come all the way from Pune to Bengaluru. It was a horrendous ride full of traffic, but we eventually made it. It was amazing to meet them. There is something about people outside your family who have known you over decades! It an unmissable feeling of being loved, by people who just walked into your life by pure coincidence! We all had lunch together and then chatted away. I could feel some of the contextual conversations were beyond my understanding. I did not get the real estate market, the financial market, the job situations and a few others since those are different in the UK. It was interesting to listen and lovely to see how well people are doing. 

The evening was a trip to another college friends house. R was hosting B who had made a trip from Odisha to see us - just for one day. Again, seeing these amazing bunch of people - that is what nirvana must feel like. Just utter peace - no questions asked. We chatted along, K and R's hubby also had no seeming awkwardness for folks meeting for the first time. While the best part was R's kids and mine. Being more or less the same age group, they just made their own little group and started playing as if they had known each other from before! 

We made a trip to a restaurant to have dinner. The purported aim which was having  some good food was futile. But the entire duration was definitely filled with lots and lots of laughter and giggles, as if we were school girls :D 

All good things come to an end, and we had to bid good night and good bye to dearest B. As I hugged her, someone remarked that this was like us leaving our hostel for the last and final time back in college. And as B hugged me, she just whispered take care. And till date I miss her. Next time, I am making a trip just for her! 

That was one hellova Saturday. It was just the beginning! 

No comments: