Friday, May 13, 2022

Making peace

 As I grow older I feel making peace is a very crucial life skill. Making peace with circumstances and environment. I am awaiting the outcome of an endeavor today. Specifically I am awaiting the results of an interview today. There are many pros to the change. I am really eager for the change. I am very anxious for the outcome. There was an odd sense of unrest since morning. 

But then I saw my team mate log off post lunch (a perk of being a very critical, experienced and long standing member of the team or an afternoon holiday - I am not sure). But it made me introspect about what I have. The relative trust of my team. The lack of judgement when I log off early to pick the kids or take a day off in short notice. And instead of being restless for the outcome of something in the future I chose to be peaceful for what I have. 

It is an acquired skill. I still get annoyed if it starts raining when I am planning a run. I get very irritated when my code fails  for a test when its nearly clear for going into production. I get jittery when I take up a new venture. But making peace with what is there currently makes life so much better.

No comments: