Monday, May 23, 2022

The irony

 I was anxious about the result of a job interview. And on Thursday evening I got the result of interview. I am through! A different tech stack but more importantly the ability to work from home at all times. I was happy. But I was sadder. At leaving the lovely people at my current work place. 

The location of my current office is a dump. It needs to be exterminated. But the people are so annoyingly lovely. We share the working space with one of our subsidiaries. We don't even work with those people. But they are always smiling, wishing good mornings and hellos. When I finish work, the person at the reception wishes such a heart felt good afternoon. And the less said about my team mates the better. We are such a like minded bunch that it amazes me. They are a good decade younger than me, most of them living with their partners and in the childless and fancy free state, but the mental make up is as if we are clones of each other. In the past nearly 4 years, there has been no bad blood, no snobbery, no politics. Though there have been effective and efficient debates, a lot of teasing and pulling each others legs, it has been just amazing camaraderie. I will definitely miss this amazing bunch of people. Ironically I am sadder at leaving my team than I am happy at the new offer :(

No comments: