Wednesday, November 17, 2021

A smile a day - 2


I had my Covid vaccine booster jab booked in yesterday. I went with real excitement to get the jab and was very prepared to bear the thrilling consequences. I even enlisted the services of K, since its a special feeling to be driven to and from a vaccination centre of course! 

Stood in the queue. The person in charge came up and asked for the appointment letter. As I was showing it to him, I did feel something odd, but showed him none the less. He saw the text and said "Oh! Sorry folks, its for the 7th of December." I was like ahhh thats what looked odd to me! K and I were puzzled. Then  out of kindness he asked "May I interest you in a free flu jab?" :D Why not? He showed us a document of criteria and fortunately, we were not over 50, suffering from chronic ailments, obese or met a plethora of criteria :P 

We came back home with me still fumbling how did I get the dates wrong. And K having a good hearty laugh that was a blinking dummy I was ! I could not help laughing at my silliness either :D

No comments: